Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a non-invasive and painless diagnostic procedure that produces digital images of the anatomy without subjecting the patient to radiation. Using a magnetic field, radio waves and computers to generate images of tissues within the body, MRI allows physicians to look inside the body with precision, potentially facilitating more effective diagnosis and treatment.
Conquest Medical Imaging is pleased to announce the addition of a new state-of-the-art, high-definition MRI to its arsenal of advanced medical imaging equipment. Able to produce stunning, high-quality images of soft tissue to diagnose a wide range of health issues including ligament and tendon tears, herniated discs and certain cancers, our MRI clinic provides clients with appointments without delay in a comfortable and stress-free environment and with rapid reporting.
MRI scans much of the same areas of CT but has also has several additional studies. The following MRI scans are available:
- Brain Imaging - Stroke and tumour evaluation, vascular imaging, surgery planning, MRI Angiography or Venography studies, MRI Diffusion and Perfusion Imaging, Functional MRI,
MRI Brain Spectroscopy
- Cardiac Imaging - RV dysplasia, Congenital, Tumour, Mass, etc.
- Vascular Imaging - Imaging and enhancing vessels with MRI Angiography , Run-off MRA procedures
- Spine Imaging - Cervical, thoracic, lumbar and spine imaging for congenital abnormalities, cord compression, tumour, HNP, sciatica, etc.
- Abdomen/Pelvis Imaging - Cancer diagnosing/staging, MRI or MRV Angiographic studies, Renal donor evaluations, Graft and Aneurysm evaluation/follow-up
- Orthopaedic Imaging - Imaging of soft tissue, muscle and ligaments, 3-D imaging of bones